Sports Shooting Orientation Workshop
The Port Elizabeth Rifle & Pistol Club offers an “Introduction to Sports Shooting” orientation workshop on the first Saturday of each month (if there are sufficient applicants) for those club members who are interested in participating in sports shooting events.
This is intended for shooters who wish to compete in IPSC sport shooting competitions which are held every second Saturday at our club (refer to the competition events calendar for details).
Instruction will cover: range safety & etiquette, firearm fundamentals, IPSC basics, as well as competition rules. Participants will be drilled on sports shooting and movement with an emphasis on safety.
NB - You must complete the application form below if you intend to participate - if no applications are received, then the event will be postponed until the following month.
This is not a substitute for firearm competency qualification or training, and is in no way a tactical or defensive shooting workshop!
• Place: Port Elizabeth Rifle & Pistol Club (pistol ranges, in the valley)
• Date: (Complete the application form using the link below)
• Length: This is expected to last 3-4 hours, depending on number of participants
• Round count - 50 rounds
• Only offered to current PERPC members
• Eye & ear protection (MANDATORY – that goes for spectators too!)
• Your firearm (NB - unload in the designated unload area prior to workshop - no magazines or ammo in firearm)
• Holster & mag carriers fixed to your belt (no clip-on or Inside-Waist-Band Holsters)
• 3-4 magazines recommended, but not required
• 50 rounds
• Sunblock & mosquito repellent is recommended
• A willingness to participate
Please indicate your intention to participate by completing the entry form in order to get an idea of numbers.